Tel.             +38 (044) 500-74-74
Vodafone +38 (066) 353-74-74
KS               +38 (096) 353-74-74
Life             +38 (063) 424-74-74


or by e-mail


Mo-Fr 9.00-18.00
St. By agreement

7/1 Malopidvalna St.
Maidan Nezalezhnosti

If you are planning to marry abroad, you will have to receive a certificate stating that you are not married yet. Such a document, confirming that a person has no marriage obligations, is mandatory for most states. Without this certificate, it will be impossible to formalize marriage abroad. The lack of the Civil Status Registration Office stamp in the passport is not a proof that a man or a woman is single.

What is a certificate of no impediment to marriage?

The certificate of no impediment to marriage is issued by a notary public. According to the legislation of Ukraine, a document on marital status can be obtained only at a notary's office. A certificate is issued in the presence of a person who needs it. The peculiarity is that the document is in the form of a statement where the person confirms the absence of marriage relations and obligations.

A number of states require from foreigners a certificate issued according to a special form. So, if a Ukrainian is going to get married in Germany, he/she has to present an affidavit. This is not just a certificate, but a statement given by a citizen on oath. Such a document is intended for use in foreign states or consulates.

The certificate of no impediment to marriage is drawn up on a special form by a notary, in the state language, Ukrainian. If a translation of the text is required, the document is compiled in 2 languages. The client can choose Russian or English, depending on the country where he/she is going. On the left, the text will be printed in Ukrainian, on the right – in a foreign language.

What do I need to get a certificate of no impediment to marriage?

The certificate of no impediment to marriage can be issued by a notary public in Kyiv. For this, a person should personally come to the office and provide the following documents:

  • Ukrainian passport;
  • taxpayer’s identification number;
  • if previously married, a certificate of divorce is required.

If there are all the listed documents, the notarized certificate of no impediment to marriage is executed in 20-30 minutes. The procedure takes little time, while giving an opportunity to get married in another state. If you take care of such a document in advance, it will save you time and money.

Welcome to a notary in Kyiv for getting a certificate of no impediment to marriage. By contact phone numbers, you can make it clear what documents you will need and what the features of the service are. Our agency lawyers will provide you with a free professional consultation. Our experts will tell you for which countries require affidavit.

Remember that only the person who swore an oath is responsible for giving false information. The notary here does not certify the facts indicated in an application, but only certifies the signature of the person who made the document. That is why affidavit is sure to be drawn up in the presence of a notary, thus guaranteeing that the person who has prepared an application and he/she whose data are entered in the documents is the same person.


We provide all types of notarial services!


  • Registration of realty and titles
  • Extract from the Register of Realty Titles
  • Extract from the Register
  • Translation of documents
  • Certification of a translator’s signature
  • Notarised translation
  • Apostilisation of documents
  • Legalisation of documents with the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
  • Legalisation with consular agencies


+38 (044) 500-74-74
  • +38 (066) 353-74-74
  • +38 (096) 353-74-74
  • +38 (063) 424-74-74


7/1 Tarasa Shevchenka Lane
Maidan Nezalezhnosti Underground Station
For your navigator: 7/1 Malopidvalna St.


Monday to Friday 9:00-18:00
Saturday By previous appointment
Sunday By previous appointment


Open to you! Call and pay a visit!