The purpose of notarial services is the legal attestation of facts, processes, and signatures. In this case, transactions, accession to the heirship, authorization of someone to perform certain actions, and attestation of facts are carried out officially and gain legal force.
A notary in Ukraine is a specialist mandated by the state that performs notarial procedures provided for by law. A private notary has the same powers as a government notary public. The choice of a specialist is up to you and, in some cases, depends on territory. All the notaries provide the same services to the public.
How much are the notary services?
Notary services are paid. Tariffs are regulated by duties and fees, including charges for the provision of services by notaries themselves.
What documents do I need to have with me when going to a notary public?
You can specify the list of documents by phone in advance. This will expedite the procedure and save some of your time. The main documents for providing notarial services to individuals are the passport and TIN originals.
Depending on the service provided, other documents can often be required. The list of documents depends on the type of service.
The main list of notarial acts
- Will. A person can make an unlimited number of wills with or without a description of the property that he/she is going to bequeath, and indicate an unlimited number of heirs.
- Certification of contracts: purchase/sale, gift, or loan agreements, marriage contracts, etc.
- Power of attorney. The principal gives the other person the authority to perform specific actions. Powers of attorney are issued both by and for individuals and by and for legal entities.
- Certification of applications and acknowledgment of the clients’ documents ownership. This procedure can be performed in the form of a statement (without attachments) or affidavit when the facts specified by the client are confirmed by certain documents.
- Certified translation. It is made both for citizens of Ukraine and foreigners. This notarial procedure is relevant when it is necessary to submit a document issued in a foreign state to the official authorities.
- Notarized copies of documents. They are needed when it is necessary to keep the original while submitting copies to educational institutions, government agencies, or an employer.